Programs for Kids Ages 7-12
Weekend Family Workshop
Duration: 11 course hours
The Weekend Family Workshop teaches young people how to detect and deter potential violence and abuse. The emphasis on both physical and verbal skills creates the kind of knowledge kids need to recognize psychological manipulations and physical danger.
Important adults in the child’s life attend a three-hour workshop on Friday evening to learn how to support and continue practicing the skills taught. Kids meet for four hours on Saturday and four hours on Sunday, culminating in a graduation during the last hour of class attended by kids and their adults.
The use of a head-to-toe padded instructor allows full-force, realistic practice of basic physical self-defense techniques. Students learn to:
- Set boundaries with confidence and awareness
- Deal appropriately with strangers, bullies and people they know
- Protect themselves from words that hurt
- Set and enforce boundaries on being touched
- Defend against threats, bribes and emotional pressure
- Act responsibly while respecting others
- Be persistent in getting help
All skills are taught in a safe, age-appropriate manner. Fee includes parents and guardians. Discount for siblings in the same class. Payment plans, credit card payments and scholarships are available.